Friday, November 24, 2006

Love lost

Lady, I thought,
"You and me together,
Someday, the world would see."
But, you saw me as a friend
And nothin' more.

Lady, I thought,
"Today, I'll tell the world
How much I love you."
But, when you stood before me
I saw nothin' but the stars.

Lady, I thought,
You would understand
By my signs, not so subtle
But, even when you didn't recognise
My love for you, I never gave up hope.

Lady, I thought,
Deep down inside, I felt
You were the one.
I erred. But when you had to go,
I could take it no more.

Lady, I'm thinkin',
"Now that you've gone,
Stay happy; enjoy life.
The man of whom your wife
Will stay in heaven, all his days."

But still I'm thinkin'
One day, you'll be back.
I'm waitin for that day.
Then, to me, you'll say,
"I love you more than my life."

At the end of the day,
I know I'm crazy
To even think this way.
Love hurts. So what?
Keep lovin' is all that I can say.